Friday, March 11, 2011

day one

last night i went to the sisterhood fireside.
its amazing when you when go somewhere, do something, or hear anything that it helps make you feel better
(does that make sense)
Emily Freeman
was the speaker during our fireside
i wish i had my notebook with me because she said many many things that i needed to hear 
and still need to hear
one she mentioned was to just ask for blessings
dont ask for certain blessings because the lord knows what you need, so if you ask to receive blessings in your life that lord will bless with whatever he thinks is right at that moment.

she also mentioned at the very beginning
what is my purpose. 
(or something close it, again i wish i had my notebook)
and it made me think, what is my purpose? what am i doing with my life.
am i becoming more christ like?
am i finishing school so that i can take care of my needs?
what am i doing.

Emily is also an author
she has wrote many books, including "21 days closer to christ"
Emily and Lambda Delta Sigma is putting us to the challenge of 21 days closer to christ.
today was day number one

day 1 ~ Come
read the account of the fishermen in Mark 1:16-18 and in John 1:38-39.
Determine what fills your nets. 
Try to listen for the quiet invitations from the Lord to come and see


What fills my nets?
today i went to do a session at the Jordan temple.
being able to go the lords house fills my net.

having a family especially my parents that have never left my side and always loved me when i have been imperfect and have been lead off the straight and narrow path.

my health, friends, journal writing, going to church and spending my sundays with my family.
seeing my three little nephews, having beautiful mountains just 30 minutes away, air to breathe
these girls
this woman


having temples, the scriptures and President Thomas S. Monson and past prophets to give us messages directly from our heavenly father

this is what fills my net.

     

1 comment:

kylee said...

that fireside was amaaazing. and just so you know, i think you are amazing joce and i thank you for your example of what a true daughter of god looks and acts like.