Monday, February 7, 2011

today is an interesting monday
usually i wake up
go to the gym
get ready for the day
go to work.

today
i called in sick
but im not really sick

i slept in today
went to the distribution center to finish getting my stuff ready for the temple
had my breakfast 
now i am sitting in bed
debating when i should go to the gym
realizing what i am about to do tomorrow
the many blessings i will receive tomorrow
the warm feeling that i will be getting when i enter into his house.
i probably will not want to leave
what i will be wearing for the rest of my life
no more
shorts above the knee
or 
sleeveless shirts
(though i do hope i still can wear my favorite v-neck shirts, crossing my fingers)
but the doesnt really bug me.

realizing how much satan will tempt me tomorrow and will continue to
but
also knowing the my heavenly father's love will be with me tomorrow and for the rest of my life 

im very excited tomorrow

a few sundays ago i missed my sacrament meeting so instead of going to relief society
i saw a good friend from high school
who had church at the same time just opposite schedule
so i went with him to his sacrament
and a lady shared in her talk a poem that i seriously have never heard of 
but seriously describes that times that i felt alone.
its called

Footprints in the sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods in my life, when i was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I should see only one set of footprints. 

So i said to the lord, "You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the said. Why, when I need you the most, you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand, is when I carried you."

1 comment:

kylee said...

i really am so excited for you joce! you're making such an important decision and i am so very proud!